Skip to main content
Topic: Mercury Messenger For Sale (Read 1851 times) previous topic - next topic

Mercury Messenger For Sale

Mercury Messenger Concept up on the block at RM Auctions
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/03/mercury-messenger-concept-up-on-the-block-at-rm-auctions/

Because the car was nothing more than a styling exercise, there's no drivetrain in the Messenger... but we'd like to think that some willing partint will find a way to make it all go down the road with a brand spankin' new 5.0-liter V8 underhood.

Let the dreams begin!

Reply #1
I thought they were selling Jill Wagner. ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
how much are you willing to bid, lou.

Reply #3
Not much. The girlfriend would kill me:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #4
I would bid umm plenty lol. And if I didn't win then I'd say at least pose on my car pleeeease? I think she'd look great on the red car.......tastefully.....of course.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #5
I think I'll chop the roof off and throw some 'bird emblems on there ;)
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #7
Oh, to be independently wealthy.  Do you think the thing would ever be street legal?
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #8
Quote from: jkirchman;330843
Oh, to be independently wealthy.  Do you think the thing would ever be street legal?

Only after it passed emission and crash testing...:disappoin

Reply #9
Knowing how they slap show cars together, that probably feels like a shopping cart at 50kph. There's probably a two or three inch layer of clay over the entire body as well.

Reply #10
Don;t care. I would put it on display in my living room

(as you wonder which one I'm talking about...):grinno:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #11
As much as we'd like to say that Ford spent a few hundred million giving Mercury a much-needed halo car instead of shuttering the brand entirely,  it didn't happen and the reality is that the eight generation of the  Mercury Cougar went on to be the last non-Ford-based automobile ever to  roll off the showroom floor. Sad, no?

This should've been the ninth gen.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #12
Here's the auction company's page for the Messenger if anyone is interested.  It's being auctioned this Thursday:

Mercury Messenger Auction Link
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #13
Quote from: jkirchman;331302
Here's the auction company's page for the Messenger if anyone is interested.  It's being auctioned this Thursday:

Mercury Messenger Auction Link

Sweeeeeeeeet

Awesome

cooooool
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #14
Quote from: Scott D;331305
Sweeeeeeeeet

I'd drive it.
1988 Thunderbird Sport