Skip to main content
Topic: Think I Can Get A Discount? (Read 1041 times) previous topic - next topic

Think I Can Get A Discount?

Reply #1
You better be able to get a discount, because you'd be crazy to pay $300 for that.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #2
If it was my color I'd pay it.

I have no other vices...just NOS parts. Crazy, perhaps, but it's cool with me. ;)

Reply #3
umm... how did he get your photo?
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #4
I don't remember ever seeing that pic of your car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
thats just asking for an email to the seller.

say it goes like this.

"will that wheel fit this interior of my car?"
then link him to the picture on your site,,:D

Reply #7
Actually I contacted the seller. :D

He said he googled the photo... and he had no idea that it was from an '86. lol

So yeah, he just snagged it from your site.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #8
thats been happening alot lately. Maybe we could find a way to get roaltys to our photos when there used?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #9
It's alright, I have no problem with that, as my site is for reference. It's just strange to see my interior on an eBay page, that's all.

Reply #10
That would be a bit of a shock to be checking out a part on ebay and see one of your pics. like that.

I had something simular happen. I had a guy make 3 photo signs for me. One of my car, one of my sisters, and one of my Dad's car. I told the guy to do what he wants with them and to use his imagination, the two where Christmas gifts. He did a great job with them but afterward my sister was looking at stuff on ebay and saw a copy of her sign for sale, plus a friend let me know there was one of my car for sale as well. We both contacted the seller and after quite a few emails he reluctantly pulled them. Things got really heated in the process though, to the point of threatening to get a lawyer.

Reply #11
Quote from: EricCoolCats;314413
It's alright, I have no problem with that, as my site is for reference. It's just strange to see my interior on an eBay page, that's all.

I'd probably be honored to have it happen lol. I guess it would make me feel good that a seller thought my stuff looked good enough to put in their ad :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #12
Looks like one of the pictures I took of your interior at Cat Jam 2007.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #13
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;314408
Actually I contacted the seller. :D

He said he googled the photo... and he had no idea that it was from an '86. lol

So yeah, he just snagged it from your site.

It's NOT from an 86....That's Eric's blue 84.
That picture APPEARS to be after the 8-track install as well....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #14
That is the photo that you took, Karl, pre-8-track and pre-windshield crack. :hick:

1984 was the first year for the A-frame wheel. It was used through '86 but in 1985-86 it was either dark grey or dark brown, depending on your interior color. So if you see a color-keyed A-frame wheel then it must be from an '84--one model year only. Now 1984's with the digital dash option had a dark grey column cover and steering wheel--no color-keying allowed. There was also a Charcoal interior color. I can't tell for sure which wheel this one is since the part number isn't listed.

So yeah...if it were Cadet Blue with cruise and leather wrap, it would already be on the way to me. I don't think $300 is that bad of a price for a never-used wheel in the correct color. I mean, try finding another cheaper...!