Skip to main content
Topic: Wiper arm question. (Read 8287 times) previous topic - next topic

Wiper arm question.

Reply #30
Was looking at a Crown Vic at work last night.  A 2009.  Those wiper arms aint gonna work.  They're very similar to what we already have.  I think I'm just gonna order some new ones, put them on, and paint the ones I have to have them for later.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Wiper arm question.

Reply #31
Did somebody say the double link pivoting arm on the driver's side is only on Sports? Not sure about that but I think it is done to achieve a higher ratio of "swept area", and as I recall the OEM setup used a longer blade on one side for the same reason. A cautionary warning: Don't stop the wipers in mid stroke and prop them up if it might snow. They will get stuck in that position, and when you turn on the ignition switch the wiper motor will try to return to Parked position regardless of wiper switch being turned off. Motor may go up in smoke.

Wiper arm question.

Reply #32
The arms are the same on all models I've had. Either that or i have the coolest wiper arms ever fitted to a gs model.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Wiper arm question.

Reply #33
Arms are the same on my Cougar as well as my Mark VII.

They both have the secondary arm for the driver side wiper.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Wiper arm question.

Reply #34
I never said it was a Sport only thing...all of my '88 cars have had it. I'd highly imagine the '87 cars were like that, and likely the older ones as well, though I just can't remember.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6