Skip to main content
Topic: Man is the site S L O W !! (Read 2197 times) previous topic - next topic

Man is the site S L O W !!

It took me nearly 5 minutes jut to post this! Why is it sooooo slow lately? Where do I donate to upgrade a little faster? I read 6 other boards in the time it takes me to do this one (and it's my favorite hands down so I'll suffer through it). Seriously, what's going on?

Reply #1
Ive noticed it being slower lately too.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #2
Every now and then it happens to me too.
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #3
x4
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #4
The board is being hosted by GoDaddy. I also have my site hosted with them and it runs very quickly; never had an issue with my site yet. But the board ishiznit or miss. We've spoken with tech support (once got an actual American! Woohoo!) several times and they claim to not be able to find a problem with the board or its database. But obviously there are issues with it. From the way it was explained to me, since we're on a shared server then we could experience slowdowns throughout the day, due to other sites being on the same server. In other words, if there are several other message boards on the same server, their combined usage could tax the server or make delays in connecting to their individual databases. All of this does make sense...but it surely doesn't solve the problem, nor did they offer to do anything to help us. It's not like we're cheap SOB's or anything, but we do have to keep the costs down.

We had a devil of a time bringing this board over from the last host. I dread thinking about moving it yet again...but we just may need to. I think the hosting is up in October-ish.

This is probably something the admins should talk over...maybe see if we can come up with a solution and get back to everyone.

Reply #5
I guessed it My 56k connections, but 90% of other places I go each days runs normal, This night when I posted My new body thread I received some server errors when I saved My posts, I go back to save in a text My post, but today it's very very VERY slow, more than My V6 Bird:hick: ...

If the board need a donations, I'll do, I'm not very rich, in reality I'm totally sick, but I'll happy to donate here, is MY board (favourite board), and this board help a lot of people owning a fox bodied cars...

My 2 cents,

Regards,

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Reply #6
I'd be more then happy to kick a few bucks a year "membership" to hekp run the board. Hell, "AerobirdMotorsports" would love to help as "advertising costs" too. Right now this board is the Slowest site on the net from 7AM-7PM PST.

Reply #7
I could get the forum hosted for free.. On a known reliable server that has very few other sites on it.  Sam you interested?
One 88

Reply #8
What is the known reliable server? GoDaddy is supposedly a known, reliable server too, and look where that got us. After the XLInternet fiasco I would rather stick with a brand name. Reliability and legitimacy (in other words, a company that isn't just gonna disappear) are more important than saving a few bucks
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
I had a site hosted by godaddy and their mysql load was terrible. Had to move from godaddy.

As you probably know, this vB forum relies heavily on a mysql database. Right now, it doesn't appear to show latency, so it would appear that you have a server load issue, likely caused by being on a shared host with other websites eating away at the server's cpu(s).

Do you have SSH access? You could easily check to verify server load.

If you had SSH access, and database access, backing up and restoring the database to another host wouldn't be such a painful experience (though not pleasant, of course). Do you rely on the host to do that?

Reply #10
If the board need a donations, I'll do, I'm not very rich, in reality I'm totally sick, but I'll happy to donate here, is MY board (favourite board), and this board help a lot of people owning a fox bodied cars...

I agree as well. Love this site!
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10