Skip to main content
Topic: I enjoyed my stay here !!! (Read 3544 times) previous topic - next topic

I enjoyed my stay here !!!

Although I haven't contributed much to this forum, I have enjoyed learning and viewing many
Of the post and projects on this forum.I will be seeking other forums to join , so that I can continue to enjoy and share these great cars with others !!!

As for Tom Renzo , I really do wish he could recognize his fault , he certainly knows his stuff ( and I mean that )he just doesn't get the fact, that he is presenting himself in a bad way !!!
Nobody on here doubts his ability as a mechanic (although he sees it that way)but until he recognizes this, he will continue to do what he does !!!

Good day
Chooglin
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1
Dude, don't leave on account of him.  I've had a few people on this site I've had disagreements/arguments with.  A thousand times more people here are welcoming and friendly.  I myself took a break from here, but it was compounded by the frustrating events with my car.

I sincerely hope you stay on here.  If not, I wish you well and also that there's a few pages on Facebook you can check out too.  ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
We are loosing so many good members due to one person. Sad thing is, if he were to just look at what he says from someone else's perspective......

Come on Mods! He even argues with you!

Reply #3
Quote from: Chrome;431200
We are loosing so many good members due to one person. Sad thing is, if he were to just look at what he says from someone else's perspective......

Come on Mods! He even argues with you!

Mods??? This site has moderators??? :wrongforum:

Reply #4
It is every car-builder or car-maintainer's responsibility to research their endeavor to the best of their ability BEFORE opening the checkbook/wallet.
We are all aggravated to an extent over the abundance of both good and bad information available.
This is not unique to electronic communication. Ever ask all of your car show buddies for help on a problem? The more the merrier right? 50 friends, 50 different opinions/methods/conclusions/theories. Look at the MH370 flight and all of the sudden armchair investigators....

Tom, I get the feeling you wish to draw from your experience and governing-body certifications to provide a source of "real" information here. That's a noble cause. But dispensing that information must be done diplomatically.
Everyone's had different experiences. Those experiences may net you a conclusion about the facts that is right or wrong. This has to be the root cause of staunchly opposing views about these topics. Otherwise, why would anyone drive a stake in the ground? To be a troll? Sure, this happens, but not every day right? If I see that the sky is blue, and I have good intent, would I seriously go around trying my dest to prove that the sky is green? If I did, I think I should fit some definition of "insane" fairly well.

No one's ever "seen it all", no one should ever expect to see "it all" in my own opinion. It's futile. You do the best you can, you win some and lose some. All, share your findings in the hope of helping someone else move toward saving time/money/effort and being successful with their project. Leave it at that. And wherever you're about to say "always", or "never", "is" "is not", or anything else absolutely declarative, delete that shiznit. You're not God, and neither am I. :)
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #5
Tom doesn't need to be moderated.  Let the man give his opinion on all subjects.  Don't hate someone just because they present themselves as a knowledge tree.  Simply say "thanks for your opinion" and move on if you don't feel it is right. 

If you are getting into disagreements with someone it's because you are trying to change their belief or prove them wrong.  Just accept that they have a different way of thinking and continue about your daily life.
84 TurboCoupe with 302 .010 over - 9.8 : 1 Forged Pistons - Edlebrock Goodies:  Aluminum Heads #6037, Intake #3821, 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/3827, Camshaft #3722 -  Interactive System & Technologies Mass Air with 24# Injectors - A9L - 3g Alternator - BBK shorties, Cat Converter H-pipe, Magniflow lers - World Class T5 1352-169 (1986, V8, WC, 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68) OEM Clutch Cable - 7.5 Trac Lock with 3.08 and slapper bars from 82 Mustang.

Reply #6
Hay
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #7
Just out of curiosity choog, when you disagree /don't like someone in the real world do you move /quit job?

Simple answer is be a mature adult and don't feed into the drama or escalate the conversation.

With that being said, have a great day. :)
...and there was light!

Reply #8
Hey Tom! Before you leave, pay your rent and move your things out of their heads!!! Seriously folks?

Reply #9
Chooglin, please don't leave on his account. And Tom (Turbocoupe50 Tom, not the other one), I do apologise for letting him ruin this forum as he has done. I've been worried about being seen as one of those admins/moderators that kick a guy out because I have a problem with him. I've tried to refrain from using admin powers to a fault. Let me assure you that this will no longer be the case. If he comes back (cross your fingers that he doesn't) and causes problems he's gone. I've had enough. I'm just sorry this hasn't come sooner...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
I posted this over at my "Advice Needed Flood Thread" but it seems more appropriate here.  Without escalating the feelings, i thought this put things in civil terms.

Tom, what i am about to say, i say respectfully and with good intentions. Personally i have only had polite exchanges with you. I would say the animosity that many people feel is based upon your bedside manor. More often than not its the messenger and not the message that is the problem. If i were a Neurologist and somebody with a common cold asked me what would make me feel better, i could answer that some aspirin and chicken soup would do the trick or i could go off on a lengthy tangent about human physiology and how things work and why, and it would be correct and accurate and nobody would care, because they only want to feel better. Sometimes the simplest answers are the best and right answers. I am a pro photographer, when i get a question from a large girl who says what can you do to make me look less heavy, i don't bombard her with all kinds of details about what i will do, i merely reassure her that i am sensitive to what she wants and will get her the results she needs. I have a whole brain full of knowledge and details about a variety of subjects, by the same token i only share what i think will be useful, helpful and interesting to those who are tuning in at any given moment. I don't need to be right, or have the last word even when i know i have the correct answer. You can lead the horse to water as they say....... Sometimes just prefacing your comments with "In my professional experience, i found this to work well"......as opposed to an absolute insistence that its your way or the highway. All just food for thought.......please accept this as constructive and not throwing daggers.
Best,

David

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #11
^^ Well said. I respect Tom for his knowledge, I've picked his brain a few times. That being said, I also understand why people butt heads with him. It's precisely what MY83T said, it's just his manner sometimes comes across coarse or condescending. He probably isn't like that in person. I know many guys who's personality doesn't translate well to the printed page.

I am the type of guy who gets along with almost anybody (I have to deal with the public a lot) so it doesn't bother me. I just tend to look at information and ignore the tone. I have a very binary way of looking at things; "yes that's the answer I needed" or "no that's not what I needed". Unless I read something super-dicky from somebody, I don't even notice the tone.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #12
I'll be staying. Too much credit is owed to this forum and it's members for the Sports progress, and answers to my issues I've had. If I don't like somebody, I have no issue telling them in the best way possible to go away, but I will not be ran off. If you don't like a person, tell him to get bent.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
I agree with the others; there is no reason to pull chocks due to one person's contentious way of communicating.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
Quote from: MY83T;431222
I posted this over at my "Advice Needed Flood Thread" but it seems more appropriate here.  Without escalating the feelings, i thought this put things in civil terms.

Tom, what i am about to say, i say respectfully and with good intentions. Personally i have only had polite exchanges with you. I would say the animosity that many people feel is based upon your bedside manor. More often than not its the messenger and not the message that is the problem. If i were a Neurologist and somebody with a common cold asked me what would make me feel better, i could answer that some aspirin and chicken soup would do the trick or i could go off on a lengthy tangent about human physiology and how things work and why, and it would be correct and accurate and nobody would care, because they only want to feel better. Sometimes the simplest answers are the best and right answers. I am a pro photographer, when i get a question from a large girl who says what can you do to make me look less heavy, i don't bombard her with all kinds of details about what i will do, i merely reassure her that i am sensitive to what she wants and will get her the results she needs. I have a whole brain full of knowledge and details about a variety of subjects, by the same token i only share what i think will be useful, helpful and interesting to those who are tuning in at any given moment. I don't need to be right, or have the last word even when i know i have the correct answer. You can lead the horse to water as they say....... Sometimes just prefacing your comments with "In my professional experience, i found this to work well"......as opposed to an absolute insistence that its your way or the highway. All just food for thought.......please accept this as constructive and not throwing daggers.
Best,

David

This has been my thoughts for a long time. Just to add to it, if he were to realize we are not all after 500+HP. Some of us just want peppy daily drivers.