Skip to main content
Topic: BlueBird (Read 40495 times) previous topic - next topic

BlueBird

Reply #60
Quote from: Aerocoupe;467655
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?39131-Panhard-bar-for-1988-Sport

There are a couple of guys with TC's over on NATO that have them installed and I have PM'd them to get the details.  I will post back up when and if they reply.
Quote from: CougarSE;468193
While digging through old threads I found a post from Jack himself on this forum.  The post was from 2008 or so and he said in that post it would fit but raised the same concerns as your email.
Quote from: Aerocoupe;468194
I think there are several that have searched and not found that thread. Could you either post back with a link or edit your response above to include it for future reference?

Cats = Herded.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

BlueBird

Reply #62
Oh good grief...shows you how much I remember with regards to panhard bars on these cars (though I will not forget now) and how far read down in that old thread.  Horse beaten and thanks for linking all that together...

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

BlueBird

Reply #63
Thanks for the research. I'm guessing that it'll be "interesting" for those of us with 2.5" dual exhaust to mount the MM panhard bar in our cars.

Who wants to be the Guinea pig and try installing one on a Fox Thunderbird/Cougar? Please post pictures and instructions :hick:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

BlueBird

Reply #64
Its probably going to be you as I imagine Gumby will build his own pan hard bar if he uses one.
One 88

BlueBird

Reply #65
I'm intending on using the MM PHB, but I plan on running a 3" dump, so it won't help you much.
It's Gumby's fault.

BlueBird

Reply #66
 crafty people making their own parts :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

BlueBird

Reply #67
Quote from: Tbird232ci;468216
I'm intending on using the MM PHB, but I plan on running a 3" dump, so it won't help you much.

When you get it mounted could you measure the space between the bar and the fuel tank? I might be able to use that to figure out if it would fit well on my car.

BlueBird

Reply #68
OK, so I was leveraged into moving the car over Thanksgiving. Too many people in my house for the holiday meant some decided to camp out in my building. I needed floor space and the newly running Tbird was the simplest to move. Then a side job showed up....

X

Got that all done and back to its owner, then brought the Tbird back in. Tonight I got it back up on jackstands and did a thing

X

BlueBird

Reply #69
Holy shiznit...what size is that rubber on the S10?

I have garage floor envy, hahaha..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

BlueBird

Reply #70
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;468336
Holy shiznit...what size is that rubber on the S10?

315 square on the s10. It wants to be like my truck when it grows up

X

BlueBird

Reply #71
Got a bunch of parts off the car, and a few back on.

X

X

CC plates are modded Mustang parts carried over from the white car. The springs are from a '00 CobraR

BlueBird

Reply #72
Put the car on the ground to do an initial check of the front ride height. These struts are waaaaay under damped for this much spring; not a real surprise and now added to my upcoming parts order.

X

X

That'll do Donkey, that'll do.

BlueBird

Reply #73
It’s awesome, you have a way with setting the stance on a car!
One 88

BlueBird

Reply #74
Onto the rear! Pulled the sn95 7.5 out of the corner, swapped in a 3.45 gear set and maintenanced the brakes.

X

Then pull the stock 7.5
No stuck bolts, no broken brake lines, factory thread lock on the d/s  bolts. Pretty neat stuff.

X

Hopefully I can get back in the shop tomorrow, get the sn95 rear under the car and set the rear ride height.