Skip to main content
Topic: Part of the flock - new addition (Read 4835 times) previous topic - next topic

Part of the flock - new addition

Couple from the past

1994 SHO - Was my daily driver for about 8 years, currently being parted for the wagon.

1975 Jeep J20 401 Auto quadra-trac  - My first shop truck. At first the stacks were hooked up. The cab noise was too much, put up with it for a about a year then had them disconnected.

Current Rides

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Winter beater

1995 Taurus - Every day driver, shop runner. Soon to be 3.2 Auto SHO powered

1993 SHO 3.0 5 speed - The got someplace nice to go car

1995 F250 7.3 Auto - Current shop truck, was dark green and rusted out. Redone 5 years ago, Texas cab and box with a/m front fenders and hood.

The twins, 1967/68  Simplicity 2010 and Allis b-10. Use them both, the only mowers I have. Have a snow blower, blade, vac system, and plow for them. The B-10 was my Grandfathers. He recalled buying it at a neighbors auction in 1974. I bought the 2010 off of ebay years ago for $500, had to drive just south of Lima OH to pick it up.

1923 Model T pickup - Was also my Grandfathers. Needs completely redone. Looking forward to tooling around in it someday.

Reply #1
Nice fleet.  Had a '92 SHO......until it started costing me about 1k per month to keep running.  Sure was a hoot to drive, though!

Reply #2
I've got a '74 J10, mine has a 360, TH400, quadraJUNK t-case.

I rebuilt the engine high school, put in a little beefier cam. Talk about a hodgepodge of different parts. MotorCraft carb, points ignition, GM trans, etc.

Mine was an ugly green and white tank, and it would pass nearly everything on the road but gas stations. LOL.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
mo2872

Nice fleet. Had a '92 SHO......until it started costing me about 1k per month to keep running. Sure was a hoot to drive, though!

Thank you. Yeah, they can get expensive, especially if you hire someone to work on them. I enjoy driving mine, its fast enough to get out of its own way, and not real common.

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;450813
I've got a '74 J10, mine has a 360, TH400, quadraJUNK t-case.

I rebuilt the engine high school, put in a little beefier cam. Talk about a hodgepodge of different parts. MotorCraft carb, points ignition, GM trans, etc.

Mine was an ugly green and white tank, and it would pass nearly everything on the road but gas stations. LOL.

They were not bashful about borrowing parts from other manufactures. Some of them also had a GM steering column and a Ford Duraspark ignition. 

I agree with you on the not passing the gas stations. In fact I remember running out of gas, jumping the curb on a divided highway and the curb into the station (which was painful with the lack of suspension), and coasting to the pumps one time.

I always liked the quada-trac. Never had any issues with mine and have never had a truck wear the tires more even. The transfer case lock had better work though, or you can spin just one wheel if you get stuck just right.

Reply #4
For years now I have been looking at OBS 4 door duallie's with no real intention of buying one, but a couple months ago I found this 95 F350 that I couldn't resist. 7.3, 5 speed with only 65,000 miles. So far I have put a new bed cover on it and a DP tuner chip with a 40hp tow and a 80hp daily driver setting. In the works is a downpipe and 4" exhaust and intercooler. By next spring would like to get it set up with a hydraulic pump so I can use it to pull my trailer.

Reply #5
Wow, score!  Kind of jealous.......LOL.

Reply #6
mo2872

Wow, score! Kind of jealous.......LOL.

Thanks. It was at a small dealer in West Bend WI about 3.5 hours from me. They had it listed on ebay but it didn't sell. Called them up and made a deal over the phone with the option to back out if it wasn't as nice as it looked. It was.