Skip to main content
Topic: Lincoln MC and Mustang Booster who is running? (Read 3694 times) previous topic - next topic

Lincoln MC and Mustang Booster who is running?

About to do this swap and getting hit and miss info about it being spongy. Trying to decide if I want to just get a different MC.

Also will I need to gut my stock prop and get aftermarket with this setup. I know this topic has been beaten to death as I read a ton of threads on this site about it but wanting a clear cut answer before I pull the trigger. I appreciate any and all input and maybe if we get a clear answer we can make a sticky?
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #1
In order to determine if the Lincoln MC and Fox Mustang booster are what you need can you post up what brakes you will be running?  Also, is the Lincoln MC you are planning to use the one for an '85 Lincoln Towncar?

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #2
Yes to town car, and TC brakes for now. Doubt I'll upgrade in the next few years. Suspension is next big upgrade and I'll see if the TC brakes stop me. As for now they are more than sufficient.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #3
PS thank you for the reply. Think the newest thread I saw on this was for Driverguy and the thread had alot of info but I was looking for a clear cut yes this works. I got went ahead and pulled the trigger on the MC. I got it for about 13 off of rock auto so I'll post up my results after I do the swap. Till then if others want to chime in I appreciate the feedback.

Reply #4
Well I'm one for Yes it works. I will tell you to have the place you get it form order in Many of them. Then look them all over, if your lucky you'll find a aluminum unit. I'm currently running the lincoln MC on my factory 84 T/c booster. With the factory brakes all around. Much improvement over the stock T/c unit. Brakes are much better Way less mussy. I do plan on upgrading to the lincoln mark/Svo rotors when cash flow allows . I've got the spindles for it in the shop.

Hope that helps
Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #5
I pulled the trigger figuring it was cheap enough. I think the one I ordered is cast but I may look for an alum one. From what I gather it should mount to my current lines at the mc with no adapters, but we'll see.

Reply #6
With you running the stock brakes this will be a good combo with the stock Fox Mustang booster.  I believe the stock MC on our cars has a 21mm bore which is about 13/16".  When compared to the Towncar MC it will produce higher pressures but not move as much fluid.  The Towncar MC will work a lot better with rear disc brake cars due to the added volume of fluid it moves I think the pedal effort will be less.

Darren

Reply #7
Xxx
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #8
I picked the 93 cobra booster, was what alot of people suggested prior to this thread. I Lincoln MC is 1" bore which with the booster should give me firm pedal. As for fittings and plumbing ya it doesn't matter and is easy, but I was hoping for bolt in affair to tidy up the engine bay, and I hate running line. Trying to find what fits my goals / ideas first and if that doesn't work I'll move on to more work.

Thanks for the info guys.

Reply #9
Xxx
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Reply #10
Tom,

I am pretty sure the pedal ratio on the Birds is the same as the Fox Mustangs if I remember correctly. There are several guys here in Houston running a 1" bore MC on Mustangs with 11" brakes up front and the TC style discs in the rear.  The pedal effort according to them is really nice and the cars stop better than stock. The one thing is that they are running a good pad as well so that also needs to be factored in.

Where I screwed up on my Bird back when I had the 11" front brakes and the SVO calipers with the Stainless Steel Corp rear disc conversion was running the SVO MC. I should have run the 85 Towncar MC as the pedal effort with the SVO MC was horrible.

Darren

Darren

Reply #11
Xxx

Reply #12
The pedal ratio on the Fox Mustangs is 3.4:1 for power assisted and 6.1: for manual.  I would be curious to know what the ratio is on the TC's if they are different.  The ratio is the distance of the pivot point of the brake pedal to the center of the brake pedal to the distance of the pivot point of the brake pedal to the attachment point of the brake rod.  If anyone with a TC could measure that it would just be a cool thing to know.  I have attached a diagram that shows the measurements I am talking about and ours would be the left side.

X

Darren

Reply #13
I am running a 84 towncar MC, 88 MUSTANG LX booster and the 11" rotors. I upgraded to 73mm calipers and used the prportioning valve from the towncar and used HPS pads. I still have the 9" rear drums.  For me, it's a perfect combo and works extremely well.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #14
Xxx