Skip to main content
Topic: which kmember n why (Read 992 times) previous topic - next topic

which kmember n why

Which kmember do you guys prefer n why? More for a drag racing set up

which kmember n why

Reply #1
I like my Grantelli kmember. I wanted something that looked sturdy but light weight all in the same. This thing is a tank! It in all its boxes and packaging with the control arms, and coilover kit it weighed 85 pounds

which kmember n why

Reply #2
TRZ Motorsports has some top notch performance parts. I bought my K-Member years ago from D&D Motorsorts, but when I decide to change the K-Member it will be from TRZ. Those guys down in Florida are a great group of people to deal with, its a family business. I have been dealing with Mike and Todd for a few years now and they have taken care of me. Even if you need something custom, give them the measuerments and they will make it for you. There on the yellowbullet and facebook.
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

which kmember n why

Reply #3
+1 for TRZ.  Not a big Grantelli fan, too many failures reported on the Mustang forums.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

which kmember n why

Reply #4
I used the QA1. Light weight.  Good price. Fits the T-Bird with some slight adjustments. You need a 3/16 spacer under the frame at the front holes and the rear holes are 1/4 in. closer together in the mustang k member than the standard t-bird spacing. There is a loose plate above the rear bolts that has the welded-in attachment nuts. I simply cut 1/4 in. out of it and welded it back together to make the bolt centers the same as the mustang spacing.