Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 127864 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #405
Quote from: Lightningbird;420826
X

427 Clevor EFI!

Why do I get this feeling that it's not going to fit under the stock hood?
shaging awesome! :D

Reply #406
XX sorry for the blurry second image but this is a mostly stock 302 with bbk headers, bbk underdrives, mishimoto rad, and ford racing rad hoses.

Reply #407

stock as a stone for now, I'm not sure exactly what I want to do but I know I cant leave well enough alone!

Reply #408
Look at that blank canvas right there.  Since it costs pretty much the same to go HO as it does to go GT40, I'd go with the later.  Unless you've really got dough to throw at it,  then I'd go tall deck windsor, maybe 408, and Trick-Flow or something equally wicked.  Just me...

Reply #409
are the bottom end of these motors the same as the mustangs; ie forged pistons and roller cams?

Reply #410
Quote from: teal9550;422676
are the bottom end of these motors the same as the mustangs; ie forged pistons and roller cams?

the SO has cast flat top pistons with a mild roller cam using the 302 firing order.  The HO has forged pistons for the first few years then changed to hyperteuctic pistons.  All had valve reliefs except for the 1986 HO which had flat tops.  The HO cam uses the 351W firing order.

Reply #411
Now with a C&L inlet pipe :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #412
Quote from: thunderjet302;422782
Now with a C&L inlet pipe :).

looks really good

Reply #413
Quote from: teal9550;422784
looks really good

Oddly enough it actually works. I ran it at the track within 15 minutes of running with the stock rubber tube and the car went .3 mph and .03 faster. It's probably woth ~3hp. Or I just drove better 15 minutes later.

There is a little piece of foam tape on the strut tower bar as the tube hits it when the engine is revved and it makes a clanging noise. The little piece of foam tape stops the noise.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #414
X
1987 Cougar XR7 308 S/C
Trick Flow Heads/S-Trim/42lb. Inj./Stg. 1 cam/4.10 Detroit Locker,Yukon Axles,T/A Rear End Housing,CHE Upper Control Arms,Chucks Poly motor mounts,
Working A/C -- BBK Shorties/ H-Pipe/ Flowmasters/ Eibach Springs/SSM lift bars/ Max Motorsports subframe connectors/3300 stall convert/ etc....... list keeps going
Lots and Lots of Parts to make you go FAST !!
2008 Mustang GT - - Dark candy Apple Red
Roush Louvers;18" Polished Bullit Rim;3.55 Posi;Hood Scoop;Pypes Exhaust

Reply #415
my 88 t-bird sport.def needs some work and some tlc

X

Reply #416
X

This motor will soon be replaced by a 427w Dart.

Reply #417
I'm looking forward to that 427w Dart swap!

Reply #418
Going to be the big bore version, 4.125 bore X 4.00 stroke. AFR 205s, Forged Scat internals, TFS R-Intake, and cam speced for future turbo install. Managed by PRO-M's new OBD2 ECM and backed by a4R70W.

Reply #419
I wish my car was home so I could take a picture and post it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..