Skip to main content
Topic: Front rotors (Read 1199 times) previous topic - next topic

Front rotors

Have a 88 Turbo COupe. Wondering if the Front rotors on a 90 Mark VII would slide on the spindles to make it five bolt.
:birdsmily: Nate Wenck
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew

Front rotors

Reply #1
yes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Front rotors

Reply #2
Thanks I thought so, wanted to make sure.
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Front rotors

Reply #4
if i remember right the rear brakes will work just the axel's from the mark are longer. i remember a thread about rear disk about a year ago. they had all the good info on what you need to make rear disk with several different parts.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Front rotors

Reply #5
I have a complete Mark VII rear end that will go under my bird, after I regear it of course.
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Front rotors

Reply #6
Quote from: ipsd;200940
if i remember right the rear brakes will work just the axel's from the mark are longer. i remember a thread about rear disk about a year ago. they had all the good info on what you need to make rear disk with several different parts.

Does anyone have a link to that thread?  I'm interested in doing this swap on the rear of my TC.
William

Front rotors

Reply #7
http://www.coolcats.net/tech/advanced/4to5lug.html

1984-92 Mark VII Rear Discs
The Mark VII was one of the first cars in the U.S. to offer ABS braking, which usually requires 4-wheel disc brakes. Not all Mark VII's had rear discs though---some had drums, so be careful when checking them out. The Mark VII, as with a lot of Lincoln components, had their own unique 10.5" rear discs through 1990. This means you would need to use Mark VII rotors, calipers, pads, brackets and bolts. From what we understand it's not simple to do the Mark VII rear disc swap.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Front rotors

Reply #8
Maybe this will help you out.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/whatsnew/tech/brakeadvice.html
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com