Skip to main content
Topic: Mark VII Rear end again (Read 1569 times) previous topic - next topic

Mark VII Rear end again

I have a 8.8 out of a 90 Mark VII, will the axles work in my 88 Turbocoupe 8.8 rear end to make it 5 bolt. My gut tells me they are the same size and everyhting but just wanting to make sure. Thanks Nate.
:birdsmily: Nate Wenck
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #1
Should work fine.  I had 87 Mark VII axles in mine.  Go to autozone.com and compare some parts numbers between 87 and 90 (rotors, calipers) if they are the same you should be good to go.  The Mark VII stuff may make your track .5" wider per side though (certain year mark vii's were wider, mine was...)
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #2
Awesome, sounds like a plan. Thanks
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #3
you need sn-95 axles they are the exact same size. but mark axles work you just need a weird offset wheel.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #4
Not really.  Actually, I used standard 17x9 wheels with the usual +24mm offset and it worked out great.  Widened the rear stance a little (which looked excellent to me) and had plenty of room for the wheels/tires...  Nothing sticking out, no weird offsets
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #5
A little extra stance wouldn't bother  me. Looks meaner anyway.
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #6
Yeah, i agree.  Looks good, especially since the cougars and birds had a wider front track from the factory.

What wheels are you running?

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #7
Got some factory's off a 94 Mustang GT. The dark gray with a machined lip.
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #8
So they are 17x8"?  What is the offset?

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #9
+24
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Mark VII Rear end again

Reply #10
Ok, cool.  those should work fine.  Post some pics up when you have them on!  :D