Skip to main content
Topic: Interior Restoration (Read 33454 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior Restoration

Reply #30
Now,what drive train is in this car?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Interior Restoration

Reply #31
2.3...the head is being built right now.  Soon as that's done I have an he-351 ready to go.  It's a 5-speed car w/3.73 gears.  I am hoping for @325-350 hp.  After the interior and engine are done, I am going to build a griggs or MM suspension.

Interior Restoration

Reply #32
Nice !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Interior Restoration

Reply #33
This thread horrifies me. I think I'd get sick if I saw the inside of my car like this. This is time consuming on a WHOLE other scale, lol.
88 Camaro RS - 355/TH350
87 Thunderbird Sport - 302 (351 going in)/AOD

Interior Restoration

Reply #34
Quote from: DeltaElite121;342377
This thread horrifies me. I think I'd get sick if I saw the inside of my car like this. This is time consuming on a WHOLE other scale, lol.

Mine looked like that a few weeks ago.It only takes a couple of hours to bolt everything in.It looks worse than it is.LOL.

On another note...is the interior black and the headliner blue,or is it a camera trick?

Interior Restoration

Reply #35
wich paint did you use? it looks very glossy

Interior Restoration

Reply #36
yeah, that is weird...it is definitely black.  The paint is from Autozone...Gloss Black.  It's not bad, and I wont need any armorall. The camera makes it look shinier than it is.

Interior Restoration

Reply #37
I remove the back tray and cut out some braces on the package tray.  Does anyone know what that black box is on the far right?  The car doesn't have ride control or ABS so if anyone wants one of the computers let me know. I have several of each.  And, no...the rear seat is not going back in...I have a plan.  Evil laugh!

Interior Restoration

Reply #38
more...

Interior Restoration

Reply #39
the black box on the drivers side is the Keyless entry module
Fox-less at the moment

Interior Restoration

Reply #40
Rear seat delete with a carpeted panel that also folds down???

Interior Restoration

Reply #41
Cool thanks hypostang, I WILL be keeping that option.
Vinnie, nearly.  A carpeted rear seat delete with speakers and an amp or 2. I was thinking of a good sized Thunderbird emblem in the upper middle. I dont want it to be tacky though, this is something I want to take to show eventually.  I was pricing redoing my seats and for the same money I decided to get these.
http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/cr1/

Interior Restoration

Reply #42
I had, at one time, thought about going with a set of seats like those,but, I REALLY like the Sport seats,and the upholstery shop said they could do all of my seats (TC style with the arm rest) for $550.00. I'll take them up on it when the time comes.

As far as amps and big speakers,I can't do it. I've seen them in other cars,and when they turn the stereo up so loud,I can't make out what they're saying anyway,so I decided to keep a nice stereo that was all function and I could here it over the exhaust. Now with the sound deadener,I can keep it a little lower. I also don't like the thumping sounds.I hear thumping and rattling cars. It is up to the owner though. I can only apply my ideas and opinions to my own Thunderbird. I'm big on function.

Interior Restoration

Reply #43
upholstery is easy, as long as you can work a sewing machine.. you just cut the stitches on the old stuff and use it as a pattern.. it was easy enough that i was able to teach myself how to do it lol

Interior Restoration

Reply #44
I am hoping to bolt them to my exiting power seat rails.  Vinnie, I know what ya mean, but this isnt gonna be one of those thump machines.  I prefer nice and clean. It wont have subwoofers, just some really good infinty's. I am 43, some things are past my age! I prefer Bach to Eminem anyway.
I am sure upholstery is easy, but these seats have like 30 pieces and that Corbeau is just soooo sweet looking.
I was thinking, on the door panels, the side bar will not interfere with anything, but has anyone done a Mustang style door release?  I am thinking a flat profile on the new door panels.