Skip to main content
Topic: Cd Player Issues (Read 1139 times) previous topic - next topic

Cd Player Issues

Okay. I got a new clarion cd player for christmas for my explorer and I already have a cd player in my car, the clarion is a much better cd player so the plan is to take the pioneer out of my car and put in the explorer and the new onr in the bird.

Sounds fairly simple, right? WRONG! To start, the is NO wiring harness at all. It is a disaster behind there. Everywire has been cut and there is butt connectors on all of them and NONE of the colours of the wires match ANYTHING on either cd players. Now, when I had the pioneer it in, it worked perfectly. I had it in my OTHER tbird so we had it figured out, despite the hack job, somehow.

Now, for the clarion. It took us FOUR hours just to get the thing to turn on and play. As for my problem/question. Does anybody have any idea which wire goes to which speaker? We can only get the front left to work and the rear right to work. Now for the kicker, according to a diagram we have from ford for the stereo wiring and the diagram for wiring that came with the cd player, the way we have the rear right speaker connected, it should NOT be working. Yes, it's BACKWARDS. We have the 'ford diagram" left speaker wires hooked up to the "cd player" diagram right speaker wires. If you do it the RIGHT way, it doesn't work at all.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on or any clue how to get all of the speakers to work, "properly". We are beyond baffled.

Thanks!

Cd Player Issues

Reply #1
Generally,the wires from each of your CD players should be the same.The colors are supposedly "universal" now.Match the new CD player with the ones on your Pioneer.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Cd Player Issues

Reply #2
lol, thanks...but....like i said, NOTHING matches. I went and worked on it for another hour today and I got 3 of the 4 speakers working and got the right to match the right so i have no idea what is going on now, because I CANNOT get the rear left to work....it's very annoying...i'm thinking of just saying to hell with it and leaving it at that...