Skip to main content
Topic: GST ground effects kit fitment issues (Read 5134 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: GST ground effects kit fitment issues

Reply #15
Quote from: raser13
hey cougars 2 go  what did you get  those front head lights out of?  i've been looking for lights like that on cars on cars at the bone yard for almost a year now and hven't found anything like those. :bowdown:

He made them - there were threads for months (at least it seems like months as time has been going so quick lately)
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #16
:brick: somehow i missed those threads  remember where they were so i could look 'em up real fast. thanks :shoothead
I love it when a plan comes together!!!-Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Reply #17
anyone know where i could get this ground effect kit at i want to try to put it on a 88 thunderbird turbo coupe

Reply #19
yea i had a problem with my fitment i got a 87 tbird though but my front bumper came out weird
its like 2 inches higher than the other shiznit
but w/e

Reply #20
should have used the McK Plastic side skirts, no problems with those fitting, and they do go rather well with the GTS kit.

Reply #21
yea i like the way u did it where di u find the McK plastic kits i couldnt find them cause i liked those back bumpers more than the one i have but i never could find them
after a bunch of bit_h work though, i got my gst fx kit to fit pretty nicely, there are some minor problems, but u have to be on all 4s to notice them n if someone is that gay then w/e.  the car is being painted right now n im just kinda pissed cause i forgot to replace the antenae b4 getting it paitned
but w/e i dont have money anway

Reply #22
I was lucky enough to come across the McK Plastics website before they took it down a couple years ago, and i only found it because of tons of searches...day in and day out.  if you want their number, here ya go... 210-661-0007... the 87-88 cougar kit is number 40391, and when i bought it in 2002 was 479 plus shipping from San Antonio TX... i do believe that they did make thunderbird kits as well.... more info is on this page Cool Cats .. oh yeah my car is the bottom 2 pictures on that page, with the McK front end before an armidillio took it out... before paint too