Skip to main content

Poll

Should i paint that strip?

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 30, 2005, 07:50:51 PM

Topic: Painting my bird, need opinions (Read 3995 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Painting my bird, need opinions

Reply #15
a lot of cars came with them from the factory. Look on ebay or in a junkyard if you want to change antennas. The swap is pretty straight forward
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #16
Hey, I resent that remark!! :)  lol  My car was originally purchased new in 85 by my grandpa.  I am slowly but surely transforming it from Grandpa-ish to race-ish.  I plan to keep the trim black on my car.  I was thinking that if you paint it all one color the rubber may fade at a different rate than the rest of the car resulting in a poor look.  I could be wrong but that was a concern of mine.  Maybe if you keep up on wax and such maybe it's not a factor.

Reply #17
nahh i understand ur point but u misunderstand mine, i dont want to paint the black, i want to paint the chrome strip inside of the black

Reply #18
just my opinion, but you could paint the black plastic or rubber to match the car, and then paint the chrome stripe in the trim black.... i tried to imaging it before it was done to mine, but couldn't think of how it would look, ... could bring everything together...

Reply #19
well i brought the thing to get painted, n told the guy to paint the whole strip black.

got it back today and he didnt do what i asked him to do  :brick:  :shoothead 

he also stuck the moulding back on when its like 2 degrees out
n the one side is now bent and popping off, does anyone know how to fix that without scratching my new paint job?

Reply #20
Have the painter fix it, they screwed it up. :slap:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #21
heh i could try to have him fix it but do u really think maaco would do that, and or cares? but the problem is the thing is bent, is there a way to bend it back cause the thing is being a piece of

Reply #22
Maybe you could heat it up with a hair dryer to make it more pliable?
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #23
it wont bend back, both of my cars are bent, and they dont budge

youd have to pull em off, pull out the aluminum strips, then glue em back on, so theyd have to come off anyways
It's Gumby's fault.