Skip to main content
Topic: i did something new today (Read 1242 times) previous topic - next topic

i did something new today

i took off my headlight lenses and me and my uncles brother cut pieces of lexan glass the shape of my lenses and put em on. no yellowing you just gotta keep on top of cleaning them. then i am converting to HID for that slick look. i would get pics but my camera just took a big  on me. so im screwed. but ill try hard

Reply #1
dam, i was thinking sorta the same thing, but useing heat to bend the plastic to the shape.  id realy like to see that.

Reply #2
i already tried with lexan in my dads vacuum form machine it just webbed up

Reply #3
Good luck with them. Planning on driving at night?
Someone else tried that (either here or on the old board), and "discovered" that the lens is responsible for where the light ends up on the road, unlike newer cars where the shape of the reflector does all the work. With our cars and a clear lens, the light pattern is, well, non-existent.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #4
I thought about doing that as well but with my lack of time I haven't acted on it. I figured night driving would be the main issue though.

Reply #5
it gets annoying at night being able to just see in one spot but thats what i bought HID's for

Reply #6
PLEASE POST PICTURES :D

thanks

Reply #7
You may get unwanted attention with those.
While many of the newer cars have clear lenses, the chrome surface inside the headlight is faceted to break up the light.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]