Skip to main content
Topic: Someone Give them a good home..... (Read 1372 times) previous topic - next topic

Someone Give them a good home.....

88 XR-7 5.0L V8 Auto, PS, PB, AC, PW, cruise,Tinted windows, Leather front seats (driver side 6-way power) Pioneer CD/MP3 player, Stoufer GST body kit and rear spoiler, Many suspension and brake upgrades including: Koni struts and springs in front, Brakes upgraded from 10” disc to 11” disk in front/10” rear drum brakes. Tires: 235x60x15 front/275x50x15 rear, Some minor engine modifications. AOD is bad. Lost 3rd and 4th gears.

86 XR-7 2.3L turbo factory 5speed, PS, PB, has some rust easily repairable. VERY clean underneath. Has an ignition issue right now, not getting spark. Many spare parts including IHI turbo and computers and Ground effects kit included.
Car is not running needs distributer module.

$700 total for both. I need to have them sold by Saturday. If I can't sell them by then they go to the junk yard.

Please give my cats a good home.

Both cars are in Middleport Ohio.

Contact me at 740.992.7830 or 740.992.0731

Reply #1
wow I would love tohave them but couldn't pick both up by saturday!
John

Reply #2
If I had the means to get them from there to here, and the $, I'd help you out.
Good luck with the sale and your trip. :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
If you don't get them sold, I would buy the turbines off one before you junk 'em.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
I'd take them if I had the money, about to take mine to the s yard just to have some much needed cash. :(

Reply #5
I'm looking for a 4 eye 2.3L Cat, so if anyone wants to go in halves, let me know.  I'm too far away to do it myself.  Plus I have a good AOD from a floor shift 5.0L '87 Tbird.
1987 TC

Reply #6
Quote from: HAVI;340614
I'm looking for a 4 eye 2.3L Cat, so if anyone wants to go in halves, let me know.  I'm too far away to do it myself.  Plus I have a good AOD from a floor shift 5.0L '87 Tbird.

pretty sure my wife would kill me if I tried that. but it would be a great score as much as I like the idea
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
Well looks like I call the junkyard tomorrow then. :(  I have had more people tell me they want these cars and then back out at the last minute than I can really understand. I hate to see them crushed but that's the way it goes I guess.

Reply #8
We can't save them all, even though it would be nice
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
Do the cars have to be gone by Saturday or just paid for  by Saturday and picked up as soon as the buyer can get them ?
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #10
You can't find someone to buy them on Craigs List? If you weren't so far away, I'd be after the 88. Wife would be pissed, but you gotta do what you gotta do.....
2017 Subaru Outback
2007 Lincoln MKZ
1990 Ford F250 / Banks turbo diesel

Reply #11
Why the rush? Is it money? We could take up a collection! I hate to see two nice cars get sped... Man, I am in Ohio, but I am broke as a joke. I wish I could save them both!!!
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #12
I apologise for not being more clear. I need to have the money by Saturday night. My flight for Australia is booked for early Monday morning and I will be staying with family in Colubus on Sunday. The cars can be picked up at your convenience but I need to get the deal done by saturday. If you want the cars call me I can work things out. I have had a lot of people tell me they were definately going to buy them then back out at the last minute. One today even went as far as to tell me he was going to get a sandwhich and some gas and never came back.

So, if someone wants one and someone else wants the other I'll do $350 each but they have to be sold by Saturday.

Reply #13
Did you get the issue with the 86 blowing its oil out everywhere fixed?

Fair price either way.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #14
The 88 is officially off the market. I pick it up tomorrow :) Somebody needs to scoop that 86 up before it's too late......
2017 Subaru Outback
2007 Lincoln MKZ
1990 Ford F250 / Banks turbo diesel