Skip to main content
Topic: where to get both side quarter panel? (Read 7105 times) previous topic - next topic

where to get both side quarter panel?

I working on the body this summer and I need new both quarter panel...  :mad:  :yuck:

Where the hell can i find em? does anyone knows where they make it? or or when i can order em?  :bowdown:  :bowdown:

Re: where to get both side quarter panel?

Reply #1
I'm thinking you're only left with what's leftover from old cars.  I.E. go to the junkyard or check on ebay, sometimes used ones come up.

Reply #2
I asked a body shop and they told me they have a supplier in the US who still make it.
He is also asking me 300$CAN a piece if i want em...

And obviously, he didnt want to tell me which one.... :(

Reply #3
Wow, that's a surprise.  I really didn't think there were any places still making them new.  If you find out anything more, let us know.

Reply #4
Not too long ago I had checked with a local ford dealer, and they were still able to order them for my 87 sport.......at $700 each. :flame:
Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0 :shoothead

Quote from: JeremyB;165772
Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Quote from: Big_D
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.

Reply #5
i checked at a ford dealership bout a year ago now and they discontinued the fenders for my old 88 i had for the 84 im sure im sol. since im lookin for a decent gas tank for it but im gonna patch it up for now til i cna replace it.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #6
Sorry if i look dumb but i need to ask....
Is it called a Quarter Panel in english? or is it something else....

What I need exactly is a panel going from around the rear wheels and below the windows.(approx. 2½'x3' molded metal sheet to cut and remove the old and rusty part....) I do not want 2 half of a rear of a car...

Reply #7
This is a quarter panel (not a t-bird but you get the idea)
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #8
Yep, it's called a quarter panel.  Your English is fine.  As a matter of fact I never even knew that it wasn't your native language until you mentioned it.  You speak/type it better than some people who were born here!

Reply #9
I was always under the assumption that nobody made quarter panels for these cars. You can buy fenders, hoods, grilles, header panels, door bottoms and glass, but no quarter panels. If somebody ever found a place that did it'd be quite newsworthy
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
I have a cougar just like yours that I bought for parts.  You could have the quarters if you want them, it would only cost you shipping and whatever it costs to have someone cut them out.  I’d do it for you but I don’t have the knowledge or the equipment.  It’s a Texas car so there isn’t any rust.

I’m not sure what shipping would be from Texas?  Does Greyhound service your area?  If it cost $200 to ship and $100 to have them cut (I’m just guessing since I have no idea) you might still be better off?

Maybe not your best option but I did want to offer them.

Reply #11
Ok guys... heres the GOOOOOOD news.... :ies:

Im the king of them all... I Found em! and for every car you need.....

Its called "Lauzon pieces de carrosserie" (Lauzon automitive body Parts) 1-800-321-2082 (No website, FR/ENG phone speaking only)
And I asked em for you guys, They ship anywhere in north america....

They called it Half Quarter Panel...  Its the bottom part stoping 5 inch over the wheel 158.00$Can (each) + shipping.

They make any almost body parts of any vehicule (Truck or Car).
They ask 50% deposit (Or total payments on orders) and I can get my part within a week... (i just cant beleive i live at 5 min from there.... ) :o
Its not even in the US as the body shop in my 1st post told me.... That shop SOB has just tried to rip me off and failed miserably...  :giggle:

I'm so happy!.... Yeehaw!... woohoo... Kick Ass!  super!... Ca trou le cul! :D :tg:  :rolleyes:

Reply #12
oh yeah... btw BQ93, thanks for the offer... really appreciated.... but as you can see, i found the jackpot... :ies:

Reply #13
That's the best news I've heard in a long time re. T'birds n Cougars. I take it you'll be getting a pair? I'm gonna call them also. I need a quarter panel and a rocker panel for both sides.

Reply #14
Congrats on the find.  THe offer is always open to anyone a little closer.