Skip to main content
Topic: My GTbird build (Read 44807 times) previous topic - next topic

My GTbird build

Reply #60
There is a smaller brake Booster that will clear. I believe it's the Fox stang one, should bolt right up if I remember right.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

My GTbird build

Reply #61
Well I pulled the booster off and got the firewall adjuster installed and it should work now just with limited range but I can make that up at the fork end.

I finished the brake lines and adjustable valve so now I can drop the motor in. I also started on the new front suspension and got the CC plates on.

I also got all my dash parts and gauges figured out for a layout I like. Im going to machine the .125 textured plastic sheet to overlay the stock bezels in between the vents then use some nice button head capscrews to mount the new bezel to the originals so it will kind of have a 85 Mustang GT look to it.

Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger
83 TC  gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s

My GTbird build

Reply #62
That is the method I used as well, except with aluminum. The textured plastic panels will look great!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

My GTbird build

Reply #63
Finally got the front end all together as of today. 87 brakes, MM braided hoses,95 Cobra coils with 1/4 coil cut off,rebuilt A-arms,KYB struts, MM cc plates and all Energy Suspension bushings for the stock swap bar.

I also got this coil spring installation tool from Maximum Motorsports that made putting the coils in so much easier.

Wont be able to work on it again until weds but I should be dropping the motor in then.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #64
Quote from: deathbypsi;456278
My 84 TC shows 5/83 vin#148035

I was told my car was formerly owned by NASCAR driver Kenny Schrader and some paperwork in the glove box seems to indicate that as true.

Seems to agree with the info I have when it was for sale many years ago.  Assuming there isn't more than one Kenneth Schrader. :hick:

Does this look like your car?

X
tbirdregistry.com

My GTbird build

Reply #65
Yep that's my car. I just peeled off that sticker on the windshield over the weekend!

Where you find that pic?
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #66
From the ebay ad back in 2007.  I guess that might be the time frame it sold and went to Fl?

X
tbirdregistry.com

My GTbird build

Reply #67
Worked on my cluster lastnite. Think its going to look real good.

Using Speedhut tach with shift lights and their GPS speedo that has a bunch of cool features. Autometer and AEM will round out the rest of the gauges. These were all left over gauges from some of my other builds so instead of spending good money on new ones Im going to do my part for the environment and recycle these.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #68
And here is the finished layout. Im real happy how it turned out! Gave me that 85 Mustang GT look I was going for.

Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #69
Looks great. You're doing some nice work on the ol' bird.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

My GTbird build

Reply #70
Reached another milestone moment lastnite also.

Motor is in.

Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #71
Looks great!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

My GTbird build

Reply #72
Thanks Chuck. Hope mine turns out half as cool as yours!
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #73
Mine could really stand to be gone through again...

Glad to see another 83 getting some love.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

My GTbird build

Reply #74
Quote from: deathbypsi;456482
Reached another milestone moment lastnite also.

Motor is in.

Which Griffin radiator is that?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.