86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My GTbird build

Reply #106

Got the front end all together last night and made a strange discovery.  Looks like the 87 hood is not a direct bolt on for a 83. only two of the four bolts going into the hood line up on the hinges. The rears are way off so I only have two bolts in for now while I wait for help to remove the hood again and do some mods to the hinges for the other bolts.

Otherwise real happy with how its coming together
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger
83 TC  gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s

My GTbird build

Reply #107
I always thought the hood was a "direct" swap.? Will you be painting the trim around the car black or will they be body color?
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

My GTbird build

Reply #108
Im painting the moldings on the bumper body color and no other moldings going back on.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #109
I drove it up and down my driveway! Loaded on the trailer this morn to go get the exhaust finished at my buddies shop

Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #110
In the home stretch now... I like the stance. You have got a lot accomplished in a short time.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

My GTbird build

Reply #111
Looking good!  I *think* the hood issue is more an '83 MY thing, and not so much any difference in the 87-88 hoods. Was trying to find the source for that info, but I do remember something of the sort.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

My GTbird build

Reply #113
Yeah I think I will just drill some new holes in my hinges and roll with it.

Well got the exhaust all wrapped up today. Turned out better than I hoped. It sounds killer and seems quiet enough on the interior to live with on a daily basis. Who needs duals!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7uK9Vqu1D0
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #114
This has been an interesting thread to watch.    Looking forward to see the paint job on it.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

My GTbird build

Reply #115
I get $hit done! lol
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #116
Looking good!

One suggestion: put the molding between the bumpers and wheels back on. It cleans up the transition between the bumper and fender.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My GTbird build

Reply #117
I would If I could find any. I found one passenger side front on ebay so I bought it and now I haven't been able to find anymore. The ones that came on the car looked like they were ripped off by a grizzly bear at Yellowstone park.

So Im in full delete mode. Im filling the marker holes in the front fenders
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

My GTbird build

Reply #118
Meh, I think they look pretty clean without them but then again mine does not have them either.  I deleted mine back in '98 and thought about putting them back on but its impossible to find any that are in good shape.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

My GTbird build

Reply #119
The hood issue isn't just an 83 thing.  At least here in Canada.  My 84 has the same issue.