Skip to main content
Topic: Marti Report (Read 14426 times) previous topic - next topic

Marti Report

Reply #45
Hi FoxChassis, thanks for the clarification.

I just found it a bit peculiar that the XR-7 production number was not what had been published before. Overall, I’m satisfied for the most part with the report and feel that the figures are most likely accurate. Would I like them to be double checked? Sure. Do I think that I would get a different figure back the second time? Part of me thinks it could be, but really I doubt that they would be different for various reasons.

I understand that the figures are derived from total 1985 Cougar production and you are correct that I was wrong when I stated the 1,246 figure as only the number of 1985 XR-7’s that were painted in Medium Canyon Red Metallic (2M paint code).

However since the MJ interior trim code was only available on XR-7 models, the figure is still an XR-7 only figure so that means the total number of XR-7’s in 1985 with Medium Canyon Red Metallic paint and Oxford Gray Cloth interior was 1,246.

Correct?
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Marti Report

Reply #46
If MJ trim (cloth Functional Sport seating, Oxford Gray interior) was available only in the XR-7 then yes you are correct in that stat would be for the XR-7 only.

Marti Report

Reply #47
My Marti Report..... Fox Chassis, notice my build date info......

X

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Marti Report

Reply #49
Quote from: MY83T;459044
My Marti Report..... Fox Chassis, notice my build date info......

Ordered and built dates that close together are probably pretty rare, but not unheard of. It reminds me of when I was working at the dealership about this time of the year in 1990.

There was a prominent local businessman that had his Mark VII LSC in for some service and while he was there he mentioned his interest in a Mustang GT, but he hadn’t said anything concrete other than it would have to be bright red and a 5-speed. It was a small dealership and at the time we usually only kept one or two Mustang in stock even in the summer and rarely a 5.0L car, usually the just 2.3L cars.

Just a few days after he was in, we got a call from Dearborn asking us if we could please place an order for some Mustangs to help them keep their banks filled as they were getting low on orders and they were trying to keep the plant running at capacity.

So we ordered a Bright Red 5-Speed GT with Titanium leather. This order was placed on Tuesday and the following Monday morning a car hauler pulled in haul away pulled in and unloaded it.

We were all stunned and it shattered the dealerships previous ordered / arrived date which previously was at 20 days. The joke was that the person that called us was probably sitting on the production line entering the build info at the same time we were on the phone confirming the order.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built