Skip to main content
Topic: My 85 XR-7 Cougar (Read 4490 times) previous topic - next topic

My 85 XR-7 Cougar

Has a 2.3 Turbo and  5 speed transmission..

My 85 XR-7 Cougar

Reply #1
That XR-7 cleaned up pretty good
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

My 85 XR-7 Cougar

Reply #2
dude, it looked like that when i bought it.. i didn't clean it up.

My 85 XR-7 Cougar

Reply #3
That sure is a beautiful car. 

Chris
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

My 85 XR-7 Cougar

Reply #4
are you a photographer BaXo?

Re: My 85 XR-7 Cougar

Reply #5
Nah I"m not a photographer.

Reply #6
well dam good job on the pix then :) , the shot of the boost gauge woulda gott'n me a A in my photo calss :p

Reply #7
Well i was using my brother's $1600, 8 megapixel digital camera, I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Reply #8
very nice. but, a small but, where are the white stripes on the silver bottom?

Reply #9
Quote from: blknredcougar
very nice. but, a small but, where are the white stripes on the silver bottom?

the what now?

Reply #10
I think he might be talking about the three pin stripes that are right underneath the body moldings.
86 2.3 Turbo

Reply #11
Quote from: JWolt
I think he might be talking about the three pin stripes that are right underneath the body moldings.

Well the answer to that is, The previous owner (original owner) of the cat had it re-painted 10 years ago. The cat actually has no pin stripes on it, not even the one running along the side, which is O.K. by me. I have to say, I like it that way.

Reply #12
I like them better without too.  When mine is repainted they will most likely not be put back on.

Jim
86 2.3 Turbo

Reply #13
Lack of pin stripes give the car a cleaner more smoother effect, the chrome trim on the bumper already give the car a nice separation. I have a question, your side moldings are they the same color as the rockers or are they darker, because Mine are the same color. I wonder if that's how it originally was or just anohter lazy (yet effective) quirk the paint guys did 10 years ago.

Reply #14
That's a good question.  From the pictures I have mine look pretty darn close to being the same color.  The car is about a half hour away from me right now, otherwise I would go out and take a look.  Mine are also probably a little faded.  If you look at blknredcougar's sig picture it looks like the moldings on his are actually black.  The only other pictures I can find look like they have a lighter color bottom and black moldings.  So I haven't a clue, but it does look good haven't the lower half match the moldings, or is it the moldings matching the lower half.  Well whatever the case may be, you have a very nice looking car.

Jim
86 2.3 Turbo