Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015 (Read 118307 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015

Reply #300
Quote from: daminc;447467
wouldnt I already have one of those for the A/c already?

If not I know they are available cheap at auto parts stores. The WOT cutoff relay went out on my Thunderbird several years ago. I only noticed it because the A/C stopped working. I replaced it and the A/C functioned again.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #301
started yanking all the wiring, and vac lines that I wont need

very little rust for it originally being a Chicago car...must have never ever been driven in winter
I'll remove everything from the sides and firewall...media blast, prime and paint before I start the SEFI upgrade...no turning back now

this is the worst of it

I also found that the battery tray works on both sides of the car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #302
de-greasing take 2

also removed all the smog ....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #303
That's really clean for a Chicago car. Must have never been winter driven. Looks like the only sheet metal work you'll need to do is cut a hole for the SEFI airbox.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #304
yesterdays  progress.... computer and wiring harness all gone.... undercoating  all gone... bumper cover gone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #305
just about ready to get rid of the rust

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #306
now that the rust is gone and everything in the front is painted... It's time for that EFI upgrade

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #307
YESSSSS!!!!!! I am a little bit anxious to see the pics and end results.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #308
Right on! I'm with Vinnie...ready to see pics :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #309
thumbs up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #310
I wasnt planning on the painting and rust removal of the engine compartment, but you know how these things go :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #311
I went with a satin.... I'm stepping outside my comfort zone right now.... lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #312
did some painting

Time to start the upgrade

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #313
Looks good buddy :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #314
You'll have it done just in time to put it away for the winter ;).