Skip to main content
Topic: some good news on my 5.0 build. (Read 1821 times) previous topic - next topic

some good news on my 5.0 build.

ok so it's like this i get the motor it sits as a 3/4 block on a stand. it sit's for a few months . me and a buddy go to a junk yard and he spots a 5.0 exploder. so  long story shortened. i ask the guy how much for the heads off of it. (going carbed so i dont need the intakes) he says ask the other guy. i ask. he says . 80 bucks i say for both ?yup he replies. so we get the heads off and in my trunk in a few hours work.  so now instead of the e7's i now have GT-40 heads. not p's early exploder. but a 97. and they have been decked already. . just some info to share.

Erik
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Re: some good news on my 5.0 build.

Reply #1
Good job snaggin those gt 40's I have been having more problems than I thought I would have with my 351w. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

Reply #2
Early explorers had straight GT-40's?  Veddy cool.  I always thought that 5.0 explorer meant they were GT-40P's.  Guess that saves you buying special exhaust headers, right?

Reply #3
it's cool they got the gt-40's but i hear the p's work the best . fords last atempt at the 5.0  which is why the pulgs moved and a redesinged spoogebustion chamber. and i hear u can get away with the no p headers. just need to run 90 degree boots for wires. but im sure they are beter than the e7 so. eather way im in.

Erik.

now i want to know if the motor is .30 over bc it was rebuilt.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!