Skip to main content
Topic: WooHoo! I ran a 16 (Read 3266 times) previous topic - next topic

WooHoo! I ran a 16

I finally ran a 16  :) ,  my first time slip ever read 17.963 my last slip of the day today reads 16.942.  I could not be more pleased.  I was doing test and tune, running along side a 03 cobra.  As a bonus I took him out of the hole every time, then I was watching his rear bumper from about a 1000 feet away.

Anyway heres the slip:
RT:.794
60':2.461
1/4 ET:16.942
1/4 MPH:81.53

Re: WooHoo! I ran a 16

Reply #1
And this is with a 3.8,  thats fast for a 3.8! So you go to Kettering University? I got accepted there and thats where i want to go next fall. Maybe I'll see you there.

Reply #2
Im actually in the summer/winter term at Kettering.  Yeah its a 3.8 :)

Reply #3
what kinda mods do you have?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
k&n, ported lower,  cut and weld upper, Ported TB, intake spacer,  Ported heads with a 3 angle, Cat-less y-pipe, Aluminium Driveshaft, TC rear with 3.73's

Reply #5
Where did you get the aluminum driveshaft?

Reply #6
Quote from: Sancho
I finally ran a 16  :) ,  my first time slip ever read 17.963 my last slip of the day today reads 16.942.  I could not be more pleased.  I was doing test and tune, running along side a 03 cobra.  As a bonus I took him out of the hole every time, then I was watching his rear bumper from about a 1000 feet away.

Anyway heres the slip:
RT:.794
60':2.461
1/4 ET:16.492
1/4 MPH:81.53

So was it a 16.942 or a 16.492 ???

Reply #7
woops 16.942, my bad 16.4 woulda been cool.... :(

Reply #8
woops 16.942, my bad 16.4 woulda been cool.... :(

I already knew the answer, as with a 2.46 short time you would have needed 85 mph or so to hit a 16.5.

Pop in a 2400 stall converter and with traction you can run mid 16s easy.

Oh yea, where did you get the aluminum D/S ????

Reply #9
Girlfriend's Old Man :) I gots another one on the way for the TC.  The driveshaft is pretty cool though, much lighter than steel

Reply #10
I knew it was just a matter of time.
Looking at your list of mods that sounds about right.
With all the work you have done to the intake I would
recomend a bigger TB if your still running the 50mm dia.
 I would like to install an aluminum drive shaft also, do you
know what yours came off?
 What kind of ler do you have?  I have been considering
some aftermarket choices.
  I also have a list of web sites selling torque converters. That is
on my to do list.
 I have installed the B&M shift improver.
 What happened to your underdrive pulley?  I'm still running mine.

I'm ready to head back to the track but this month is not a good month for street cars at moroso. It will have to wait until Dec.
 Hoping for mid 16's without the torque converter and high 15's
low 16's with.

Reply #11
where at in michigan are you?  i wanna aluminum d/s SOOO bad!  i got a few buds that go to kettering

Reply #12
Im in Rochester and work in Troy.  The throttle body has been bored to 54mm or so, but I could prolly go bigger... I tossed the underdrive pulley after it came apart on me, that was a bad day.  My driveshaft came right off the machine from a piece of 3.5" aluminium stock :) Its a totally custom one (soon two) off unit.  I think with the Turbocoupe wheels or maybe my friends cobras I could make a mid 16 second pass.  Traction is a bitch

Reply #13
were did u buy the aluminum driveshaft at

Reply #14
Quote from: im gay as hell
were did u buy the aluminum driveshaft at

My driveshaft came right off the machine from a piece of 3.5" aluminium stock  Its a totally custom one (soon two) off unit.

he just said so in his last post, he either made it himself or had someone make it for him (using a machine), from a solid piece of aluminum
1988 Thunderbird Sport