Skip to main content
Topic: ThunderCat Dyno Day II (Read 18975 times) previous topic - next topic

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

ThunderCat Dyno Day II is a go....

5.8fastcat(Greg) has agreed to hold this event on Aug 13th 2011 at his dyno shop here is his website address:

http://www.speedydyno.com

Speedy Discount ler & Dyno Shop
2121 Triplett St. (for mapquest directions)
Owensboro,Ky 42303
Ph# (270) 685-0337

Hotel info:

Days Inn (check in time after 4pm cdt)...hotel is about a mile south from greg's shop...
3720 New Hartford Rd (mapquest directions)
Owensboro,Ky 42301
Ph# (270) 684-9621

When making room reservations mention your with the "ThunderCat Group" to get a $69 room rate + tax  (10 bucks cheaper per night).

Semi Schedule:

Arrive Friday evenning Aug 12th 2011 , free for all (pretty much hang out at the hotel parking lot)

Sat morning: Aug 13th
Start early doing dyno runs till noon 1 pull $40 or 3 pulls for $75 (per Greg)
Then break for lunch at a shelter house in Legion Park just south of the dyno shop. (we have the shelter from 10am till 4pm)
A Chinese Auction will be set up at the park also.
A Group Photo will be taken by Paula or myself (Cars included)

Sat Evenning:
A (free) Cruise-In  5-9pm cdt. in Owensboro at the Lowe's parking lot (weather permitting) then back to the hotel or some food dive (maybe)

Sunday morning: Aug 14th
We all can gather at Bob Evans for breakfast like last year.

Greg also needs a list started of who all coming wants to dyno their ride.

This invite will be opened to Foureyedpride forum members and classic cougars of america members too.

Let's open up the chatter to see how many people can make it here this summer. :burnout:

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #2
Come on out and enjoy the fun.

We ate at Bob Evans last year  but Waffle house is down the road.
May plans NOW

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #3
You know I'm in! I'll make our reservations tonight. I will do at least one pull. Car should be all tuned by then and already have solid numbers, but who doesn't like to see cars on the dyno?? :hick:

Dan, thanks for takin the lead on the organizing effort. The two changes from last year, lunch at the park vs. Greg's place and cruise-in in town vs. 45mins away or however far it was, look like positive ideas!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #5
Having a Chinese auction......... youve got so many down there you have to auction them????  Whats up?
Mike

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #7
The family & I are definites, again, this year. We'll be leaving Hopkinsville Saturday morning to get up there. We had an absolute blast last year & we were pimping a Korean ride. I cannot wait to see how much more fun we'll have with a Thunderbird up there. It'll be interesting to see if there's anything Greg can do with Project 'underbird once it's up there.

Thank you guys so much, Dan & Greg, for getting this  together for a second year. It's truly appreciated!

I would like to see as many forum members as possible MAKE it there. Not post something along the lines of "we're there," only to back out the week of TCDD2. If you can't bring your Cougarbirds or Thundercats, at least bring yourselves and your families. IMHO, it's not the cars that made the day, but the people that dig 'em. If anyone wants to go, but needs a ride, I'm more than willing to offer a seat in the 'underbird.

Gumby, you still up for a race? You've got a turbo, but I've got two more cylinders than you, so I might spot you a car length...

Dan, we're going to sneak Paula's Cougar on the dyno when you're not looking :headbang:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #8
Dan, we're going to sneak Paula's Cougar on the dyno when you're not looking :headbang:
Scott , Paula says you're a funny :laughing: guy also. :evilgrin:

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #9
Man I wish I wasn't so far away. We'll see what the $ says in the next couple o' months about whether or not I can make it.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #10
Quote from: sarjxxx;360210
Man I wish I wasn't so far away. We'll see what the $ says in the next couple o' months about whether or not I can make it.

[SIZE="6"]MEOW! MEOW![/SIZE]

if i go would you like to hitch a ride with me on the way up ;)
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #11
Quote from: Blown306Cougar;360295

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about... Shake and bake, dog!
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #12
Quote from: Blown306Cougar;360295
[SIZE="6"]MEOW! MEOW![/SIZE]

Um, let me think abo--- uh, YEAH!! If I don't have one of my cars ready by then and I can scrounge up the $200 or so it'll take, then hell yeah I'm in Nick:D I was gonna ride up with another member but it just so happens that the only weekend of the year he has plans he can't get out of are on TC weekend lol.

We'd be taking THE infamous blown306cougar right?:burnout:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #13
It wouldn't be a party without Nick!

I'll definitely come with something this year. One or two of the cars in the signature, anyway. :)

Everything is driveable at the moment. I'm most interested in tuning on the 460 Vic though!
"1FSTCAT" - 87 Mercury Cougar XR7, 5 Speed, Powerdyne Supercharger.

"NTRCPTR" - 91 Crown Vic Police Interceptor - 460 POWERED. 14.15 @ 97 MPH, untuned.

ThunderCat Dyno Day II

Reply #14
Quote from: sarjxxx;360329
We'd be taking THE infamous blown306cougar right?:burnout:

[SIZE="6"]I WISH![/SIZE] :disappoin:shoothead:shakehead:makefun:

the cougar has bin gone since august of last year:toilet: :(

if you want a ride in ole Blown306cougar you will have to see "Steve Cougarking" for a ride in it. he has it now it has a nice home... but not with me:crys:
over $10000.00 :toilet: all because of floridua 

if i wanted the car back i could. but the reason why it's gone is because i had no place to store it to do the work needed on the car and no the drive train was fine and needed no work other then some retuning..

life goes on

i'll be going in this

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj248/blown306cougar/Lincoln%20Mark%20VIII/

and i have done some mods to it..
http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj248/blown306cougar/

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz