Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestions for CJ07 (Read 6199 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #30
I know I posted somewhere that people should bring chairs, drinks and snacks with them to the Chili's show, since it is quite long before we go to the restaurant.

I will tell you something though...the couple that I knew from this area, that showed up unexpectedly, said they'd definately be back next year.... they only stayed for the picnic, and left after they found out the Chili's show wasn't happening.

Unfortunately, the rain did happen.  There wasn't a whole lot that could have been done about it.  I think Eric handled things pretty well, considering.

Usually, when it's nice and the car show actually takes place, the time seems to just fly by.  The time at the pavillion also goes fast, as we all prepare to go to the show.

Even with thte rain, show cancellation, and food wait...I believe most had a great time. 
What can we do? Stuff happens.... we just have to go with the flow of it all. ;)
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #31
Eric, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was expecting you to provide me with any food or anything between lunch and the dinner thing. It was just that being my first year I was afraid to wander off, since I didn't know where anything was, what anyone was doing, and I didn't have a watch.

I was pretty tempted to eat something at Jillians, since they were carrying some of that food past me and it sure did smell good. But I thought well, we're going to BW3's, I'll just wait.

Ah well, stuff happens, it's not a big deal. I figured everything was screwed up due to the constant rain and that's something you just can't control.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #32
It is kind of tough when you don't know where things are..... we were like that the first year we were there. I can't blame you.

Hopefully next year we'll have the sunshine again......just remember sunscreen! ;) :D

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #33
No no, hey, no offense taken at all. You simply cannot offend me anyway. But you did bring up a point that I think can be resolved. If you're done eating at the picnic at 1pm, and we're not going to eat dinner until 9pm at the earliest, that's 8 hours without food. Yes, you're technically on your own in that time period...but yes, I can do a little something to help you out inbetween, for relatively little effort and cost. It was a legitimate point. Don't apologize for that. Next year we'll have snacks ready for everyone when you're about to leave the park. I'm betting that goes over quite well too.

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #34
You could get a couple boxes of those orange cheese and cracker things.
Set them off to the side and if anyone wants them they can take them. Minimal effort involved and they're cheap.

Another idea. Write to Herr's potato chips. They usually give away snack bags and I'm sure they'd be willing to donate some or sell them cheap. Plus they are only a few miles up the road from me so I could pick them up and bring them out.

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #35
Oooooooh....I loves me some Herr's chips. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking something like that would be good. Cool, we'll work on it.

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #36
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Oooooooh....I loves me some Herr's chips. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking something like that would be good. Cool, we'll work on it.

lol, I take the factory tour at least once a year just for the free chips. During the tour, the guide catches some on a tray before they get bagged and hands them out. :banana:

Yeah, just let me know and I'll see if I can work something out with them. :)

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #37
Ohhh who's the Herr's W??

LMAO!

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #38
I'm good friends with a Snyder of Berlin delivery guy.  Perhaps I could score us a few cases of mini-bags of chips, eh?  Or will you Herr's people turn your nose up at 'em?

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #39
Just get me some salt & vinegar chips, I don't care what brand they are :)

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #40
I could make some arbys roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. I cant garentee how good they will taste come saturday though. ;)

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #41
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
I could make some arbys roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. I cant garentee how good they will taste come saturday though. ;)

Mmmmmm food :deal: !!

Suggestions for CJ07

Reply #42
I can probaly get some too, my girlfreind works there and I get her discount. Or pizza because I work at a pizza shop right now?