Skip to main content
Topic: '88 Cougar LS (Read 734 times) previous topic - next topic

'88 Cougar LS

Hello all,

I have decided to sell my 88' Cougar LS. It's a shame because this car is in such great shape, but unfortunately I'm not finding myself with much time to go through with the projects I had in mind for it. Here's a little background on the car. I've own a few Thunderbirds and Cougars in the past but most had been total beaters so I decided that I wanted to find a very clean, rust-free car to use as the platform for my modifications. I originally had a high output and 5 speed swap in mind with some suspension and brake upgrades thrown in there. I ended up finding this LS two years ago and although I tried to avoid V6 models, nothing came close to how clean this car was. It was previously owned by an old lady who commuted with it daily and parked it at a garage at work and a garage at home. The guy who ended up purchasing a lot of this woman's estate told me that her son (who he was friends with but had also passed) had owned a detailing shop and always took care of the car for her. I was easy to believe considering the condition of the vehicle and it was a good price so I jumped on it. The car had some nagging issues that I took care of over the coarse of the following year and everything I did is included below. It ended up being my daily driver for awhile until the AOD decided to die one day. I figured that it would be a good time to start collecting parts for my V8/T5 swap. I collected for awhile but ended up being too busy with work, home remodeling, and other cars that it has sat in my garage for the last year practically untouched. I feel that now it's finally time to let it move on to someone that has the time to fix it up and drive it again.

This is what's been done to the car over the last couple of years:

- New gas tank and level sender
- New front seat belts
- New windshield wiper motor
- New aluminum three row radiator
- Added a turbocoupe rear swaybar and CHE tubular lower control arms
- New U-joints on driveshaft
- New bfgoodrich Radial T/A tires. 235 in front, 255 in back
- Mustang turbine wheels
- New front sway bar links and bushings

This car doesn't have a spec of rust, the paint is prestine (yet dirty from sitting in the garage), all of the gaskets on the doors like brand new, and is not trashed whatsoever.
The engine runs but I remember is running a tiny bit rough before the transmission blew. The car also currently will need new front brakes. I collected a ton of parts for the swap as well so I may or may not sell a lot of that stuff too. The car is located close to York Pennsylvania.

I'm having a hard time attaching images to this post so I can send pictures through email or text. Please email me (Dan) at dcogut1@gmail.com or give me a ring or text (240) 678 5016.

Thanks!

X
X
1988 Mercury Cougar LS
5.0HO + T5 Swap + Suspension/Brake Mods

'88 Cougar LS

Reply #1
Wow!..That is clean! Good luck with the sale. Somebody’s gonna get a nice project!
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

'88 Cougar LS

Reply #2
Thanks man!
1988 Mercury Cougar LS
5.0HO + T5 Swap + Suspension/Brake Mods