Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Coupe Rear Shocks (Read 926 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Coupe Rear Shocks

A long time ago I swiped a bunch of parts from a junk '88 Turbo Coupe.  I got the rear shocks that had the ride control feature from the Turbos, with the thought that someday I might install them on a non-Turbo car.  Question 1 is, when they were removed from the car, what mode would they have been in (don't exactly remember the 2 mode names, maybe Sport and Normal??)?  Question 2 is, what about them made them adjustable?  And Question 3, is there any way to make them functional in a non-Turbo car that doesn't have the factory sensors or switches?  For a short time I had an '88 Turbo Coupe, and I remember loving that feature.  I mean, it transformed it into a completely different car from one mode to the other.  Anyone ever considered doing this besides me?  Thanks.

Turbo Coupe Rear Shocks

Reply #1
I think most have abandoned those shocks since replacements are not available. I believe each quarter turn of the adjuster in the stem changed between normal and firm. You could make up some manual s or source the actuators and wire them up to a switch. I don't know if that will work since you won't know where to stop.

John