Skip to main content
Topic: Tripminder (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

Tripminder

I got a few more Tripminders in and just finished the first one up.  I cleaned it up, sanded between the button contacts, and swapped Fox brackets onto it. $40 shipped to the lower 48 states. 

Here is a video of me testing it.

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Tripminder

Reply #1
, no funds. I need one. Mine works perfectly (as far as function), but the light is dim.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Tripminder

Reply #2
I have a couple more to build Vinnie.  Just let me know when you are ready for one and I will have one ready.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

Tripminder

Reply #3
what would it take to ook one of these up in place of the standard tripminder?  And isn't something like this integrated into the full electronic gauge cluster?
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 3.8 V6 - Rescue
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 5.0 V8 - Survivor

Tripminder

Reply #5
:D pm sent

Tripminder

Reply #6
A tripminder is somewhat redundant if you have the full digital cluster as they have the same features.  They require a little bit of wiring but nothing too difficult.  I also make plug and play harnesses for a little more money.

Beast50 PM sent.

Tripminder

Reply #7
You have a pm. :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Tripminder

Reply #8
this may be a dumb question for all you car gurus but im just now coming into my car knowledge but basically im wondering is there anyway to hook that up to my carbed 351 or does it run all on sensors?

Tripminder

Reply #9
Sale pending.  I will be working on another one probably next week.

351fox, the fuel mileage part of it wouldn't work with a carbed car unless you tracked down a fuel flow sensor that came on an early carbed Panther platform car with a tripminder.  The speed related parts should work if you are still using the factory speedometer/speed sensor.

Tripminder

Reply #11
Tripminders sold!  Thanks guys!

Jcassity, I will let you know when it gets here.