Skip to main content
Topic: I hit a #$%&ing deer today (Read 1707 times) previous topic - next topic

I hit a #$%&ing deer today

On my way to work, not half a mile from my farm. I could still see the barn...... :mad:

After I got home from work started the tear down.

And after the SE donated some parts. RIP

Ready to go for the next deer. :mad:
One 88

Reply #1
no pic of the poor desolated SE like you sent me??

glad to see it didnt get to the inner fender, and that you could get it back together so quickly!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #2
Its a sad sight.
One 88

Reply #3
Quote from: CougarSE;326809
Its a sad sight.

:(:(

:oldcougar:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #4
Bummer dude. I had my first deer encounter in a LONG time here a couple nights ago. Big fat doe, wasnt even a close one. I still gave the brakes a good test though. 10.3 inch rotors on a 1800lb car work quite well.

Yeah, my 1800lb festiva has bigger brakes than most 3000+lb foxes, lol.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #5
Well, at least it was easily repairable, and no injuries to you...still sucks though.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
Well good thing the damage was only superficial enough that you only had to swap some parts that bolt right on!

Reply #7
I remember the first (only) encounter I had with deer and my '86. Momma deer runs across the road, so I slowed 'cause baby deer was right behind her. Baby dear stops, momma deer yells, "COME ON BABY DEER!" So, baby deer runs right into the side of the big ol' cat, behind the driver's side door. Just a spot where he bloodied his nose was all that was on the side of the car.

The 4 deer I've had encounters with, since, have all been in the work truck. I hit a bird, one time, in the work truck. Busted the danged driver's side windshield good, too.

*edit - here's the bird pics ....

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #8
In all the time we have lived here, almost 12 years, we have only ever hit 1 deer.... and we are int he middle of wood and grape vineyards and there are large deer herds all around us. 
When we hit the deer 2 years ago, our insurance company couldn't believe ti was the first and only time... but it did $5000 in damage, which they fixed.

You were lucky to get away with as little damage as you did.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #9
Nicole hit a deer last week in her mom's Dodge, totalled it. Airbag, and the whole front clip. She was on the highway (speed limit of 65) and had the kids with her. She was shook up, but other than that was fine.

It can be worse. I've lost a friend in a rollover after hitting a deer...never take it for granted.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #10
came close to getting a deer myself at about 5:45 this morning on my way to work...  really makes you want to slow down.

Reply #11
Living in the city=no deer to hit:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #12
I've seen them on 695 in Baltimore...so living in the city isn't necessarily something you can take for granted.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #13
Pics of the Thunderbird now. :)
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #14
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;326878
I've seen them on 695 in Baltimore...so living in the city isn't necessarily something you can take for granted.

Not where I live. The most wildlife we get is rabbits and squirrels. I have to drive about an hour to even see a deer.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.