Skip to main content
Topic: First cruise night I've gone to this year. (Read 4495 times) previous topic - next topic

First cruise night I've gone to this year.

Reply #1
LOU , Your Bird looks awesome and thanks for sharing these pics friend. :headbang:

Reply #2
Very nice and NEW looking :) (New with the exception of that sweet engine you put in there which is better ;) ).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #3
looking good thunder!!!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #4
sweeeeeet :D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #5
Nice job. Car looks great.

Reply #6
Lookin' good as usual.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #7
Lou, I don't think pics do your car justice. I think it looks way better in person, especially under the hood. Having said that, it's looking sharp!! Like everyone already said, as usual.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #8
I still think it needs a new paint job. After 22 years it's got some nicks and tiny dents;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
Quote from: thunderjet302;323570
I still think it needs a new paint job. After 22 years it's got some nicks and tiny dents;)

I thought the same thing about mine.  I got it repainted due to a few nicks, dents, etc and now people that have known the car for years don't even notice it was painted.  They just always go on and on about how I have taken care of it so well.  When I tell them I had the car painted they never really believe me!:punchballs:
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #10
Quote from: 50tbrd88;323582
I thought the same thing about mine.  I got it repainted due to a few nicks, dents, etc and now people that have known the car for years don't even notice it was painted.  They just always go on and on about how I have taken care of it so well.  When I tell them I had the car painted they never really believe me!:punchballs:

I've often wondered if anyone would notice I had the car painted as well. It looks really good for 22 year old paint. It's just not "show room prefect" which bugs me a bit;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
I'm not an authority on value, but one thing for sure is, cars only have original paint once. I, personally, would pay more for a really nice original paint car than I would pay for a really nicely repainted car. It's up to the owners, but my advice (FWIW) is not to make the repaint decision lightly.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #12
Quote from: FLSTCI71;323861
I'm not an authority on value, but one thing for sure is, cars only have original paint once. I, personally, would pay more for a really nice original paint car than I would pay for a really nicely repainted car. It's up to the owners, but my advice (FWIW) is not to make the repaint decision lightly.

I agree.  The reason I had mine painted was that the trunk lid was oxidized bad, had rust starting just in front of the rear wheels (just teeny tiny little bubbles, and I wrecked the car when I was 17 and the body work done was OK but far from perfect.

If your original paint is very nice with just a few tiny imperfections, it might actually be better to keep it original.  You'd be very very hard pressed to find one of our cars with original paint in good condition...unless its one of those you see on ebay with 20,000 original miles or something.

Reply #13
I'd like to keep it original but I think it will get painted at some point. It has some tiny rust bubbles on the driver's side where the quarter meets the rocker. That means I should have the whole car painted;). I've got some more pics to link to. The guy you see with me leaning under the hood has a Mark VII. I was explaining to him why you can't run an E303 cam with SD and why that cam would not be a good choice for his car....