Skip to main content
Topic: calling bondocougar need some digi info!!!PLEASE!!! (Read 2747 times) previous topic - next topic

calling bondocougar need some digi info!!!PLEASE!!!

hey bondo cougar, you've helped me somuch in the past i was hopping you might be able to work some magic angain for me. first off the folling question i know portains to a mn-12 cluster but bondocougar figured out the fox one so i figured he may know this one.so, bondocougar i have an mn-12 guage cluster that i've sucessfull installed in an '84 crown victoria and the guys at http://www.grandmarq.net and i were wondering if there was a mod to make the mn-12 full digi dash to read over 85 m.p.h. or if it already did that? we would apreciate any info. thanks:america:
I love it when a plan comes together!!!-Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Reply #1
alright does anyone know the info thanks.

Reply #2
did you open up the speedo itself ?  Perhaps the w2 jumper wire is still the way to go.  Thats what i would look for first off.

Reply #3
Wow, is that a direct install or do you have to do a lot of modding?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #4
actually not much modding, more rewiring and sensor swap just like converting a anolog '87 to a digital '87.

Reply #5
what did you do with the buttons that would have been hooked up to that cluster?
One 88

Reply #6
i've used some other buttons and installed them on a plastic plate where the ash tray used to be, since i don't smoke this was nothing to give up. sorry no pics.

Reply #7
Quote from: jcassity;150083
did you open up the speedo itself ?  Perhaps the w2 jumper wire is still the way to go.  Thats what i would look for first off.

no such luck no w-2 to jumper!

Reply #8
im curious,, there must be some proviions on the laminate for jumpers.
btw,, that is very impressive indeed.  You must be real good with wiring and all.

Reply #9
Quote from: jcassity;151244
im curious,, there must be some proviions on the laminate for jumpers.
btw,, that is very impressive indeed.  You must be real good with wiring and all.

there are provisions just like the ones on the foxstyle, i just don't want to just start adding jumpers to the thing and fry it. and as for the wiring it's not all that hard. the major wiring was to add the tach wire,the fuel flow wire,and the speed signal taht the car did'nt have alredy. everything else was just a clip and solier  together. not much different than changing a fox with the half anolog cluster to the full digital one,like the one i did with my cougar that you guys were so great at helping with.

Reply #10
well, the kinda stuff your doing makes you an asset to the site.  Some of us could swing that stuff but being able to do it and explain it is equally important.

great work anyway, :cheers:

Reply #11
i'm working on a write up for the crown vic site i'm on. when i get done i'll post a copy over here for you guys.

Reply #12
Looks like a nice job!  Sorry for the late reply, been working all hours.

Sorry I don't know much about that cluster.  The only way to figure it out would be to spend some time with one on my bench.  And with my luck lately, there is always a chance damage could happen as I'm probing around.

So I'd be happy to look at one, but only if its a junker that is operational to do tests, but won't be missed if something goes wrong.

V6->V8HO 88 LS
5.0L V8 87 XR7

Reply #13
as promised here's the linkey to the write up:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16846

and as for bondocougar i'm working on finding one at the bone yard to send you. or could you tell me how to simulate speed so i could test  one here so i would'nt have to send you one? thanks for all your help with these digital car questions

Reply #14
just f.y.i. these clusters could be modded to wor in the fox cougars the exact same way. you would just have to substitute the vic diagram with one for the cougar found on coolcats.

http://www.coolcats.net/tech/general/clusters.html